Earlier this year we pledged to donate 100% of profits from the sale of Please Do Not The Cat shirts to no-kill cat shelters, and since that time we’ve raised about $1700!
We took suggestions from the “please do not the cat” group on Facebook about which organizations to benefit with our donations, and compiled those suggestions into a list of 14 shelters. Over the last few weeks, we’ve reached out to these organizations via email and Facebook message to arrange donations and confirm participation. One group declined to participate, and 5 others did not respond to any of our messages. This brings the final donation list down to 8 shelters, among which the funds have been divided equally.
Thank you to everyone who purchased Please Do Not The Cat shirts, and for the suggestions for beneficiaries! Being able to donate $1700 to help cats in need feels pretty good, and the shelters who care for them are very grateful for your support.
This guide walks you through the process of creating a vinyl record on kunaki.com and ordering one for yourself.
Disclaimer: I am not compensated in any way for records you make; I am not a party to any production contract you engage in with Kunaki by using their services.
- Download record assests and unzip the archive into a folder.
Note: I do not own these files or offer any license for their use (if any is required). Only download if you are permitted to use these files.
- Go to Kunaki and create an account using your email and a new password.
- Login with your new account.
- After logging in, scroll down to the vinyl section and use the yellow-green [upload audio files and artwork] button to begin adding a new record.
- Step 1a
Select “sleeve_front.jpg” from the Artwork folder and click the [>> Upload] button.
- Step 1b
Select “sleeve_back.jpg” from the Artwork folder and click the [>> Upload] button.
- Step 1d
Select “label_side_b.jpg” from the Artwork folder and click the [>> Upload] button.
- Step 2a
Select tracks 01-08 from the Side A folder and click the [>> Upload] button for each track.
- Step 2b
Select tracks 01-07 from the Side B folder and click the [>> Upload] button for each track.
- Step 3
Enter whatever you like for title and label.
- Submit the product using the green [Submit product] button.
- Wait for Kunaki to finish processing the files. You will get an email from Kunaki when it is done.
- Go to your product list page.
- In the “Order and ship your products” section, use the [Order and ship your products to a single address] button to open the wholesale order form.
- Enter an order quantity for your product, then select shipping parameters at the top of the page and click the [Calculate Shipping] button.
- Complete the checkout form and submit.
- You’re done! Wait for the record to be produced and shipped, usually within a few days.
Some local businesses still being overly zealous with their mask rules, without any good reason (beyond fear and virtue-signaling). If they still require masks and are being assholes about it, you can put up this sign nearby. If masks are required, I’ll mask my wallet. Thanks for the money-saving tip, guys!
Since posting my How to Wear a Mask sign, I have received multiple requests from fans for the printable file so that they can hang up their own copies. The files below are PDFs. (Note: the file was designed with 0.17″ page margins, so you may need to adjust your printer settings to get a full print. Alternatively you could scale down the print slightly.)
Please share photos of your signs when your put them up by tagging me @LegbootLegit on social media!
I think these two shirts fit in quite nicely with their inventory!
I went to the mall and walked into Macy’s with two of my bootleg t-shirts: an Adolescent Deformed Ninny Tortoise shirt, and a Please Do Not The Cat shirt.
I tried to find a good place to stash them, but it seems Macy’s does not have a graphic tee section. Sad.
I had to settle for several random clothing racks, one of which was a bit more conspicuous than I tend to prefer.
TJ Maxx has a sign inside saying “New styles arrive every day!”
Today was no exception. Two Legboot styles arrived to spice up their selection! The store is now the proud owner of an Adolescent Deformed Ninny Tortoise shirt, and a Has Anyone Really Been Far quote/copypasta shirt.
I gifted a “Re-Buse, Re-Psycho” shirt and a Has Anyone Really Been So Far Copypasta quote shirt to Bealls.